Summer festivals... Glastonbury style

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Tue Mar 29 09:00:35 EST 2005

Paul Mather writes:

> Sounds to me that they are taking a leaf out of Hawkwind's book and
> making sure they only admit people for whom they have name and address
> details (to keep the police happy).

Perhaps one could trace an "incident" to a named person in a festival of
400 people. Managing the feat amongst a quarter million people would be
somewhat harder.

> They also seemed to me to be paranoid about scalpers and getting paid.

Why is that? I'd rather pay a tout than spend 14 hours hitting the
bloody redial button. Basically I'm just paying them for the
convenience.

If Glasters want to eliminate touts, then sell the tickets at the market
price rather than under it. After all, those who can't afford it have
the option of working the festival and getting free entry.

FoFP