Blasphemy: which Nik?

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Wed Mar 30 20:35:47 EST 2005

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 01:58:17 +0100, Cyberkrel
<deadearnest at BTOPENWORLD.COM> wrote:

>Apart from the Cleopatra label albums - all of which are essential
>listening,

Agreed, although Mike's original request (IIRC) was for albums with
Hawkwind songs on them, so that would disqualify 'Sphynx' (remakes of
songs from Xitintoday) and 'Prophets of Time' (remakes of ICU songs),
although the latter is completely worth it (IMHO) for Simon House's violin
playing on "Stonehenge Who Knows", which marginally out-does the original
for that reason, even though Fred's playing on the original is also
excellent.  (Don't worry, Trev, I like the original ICU versions of all
the other songs better.)

>the best one by far is the "Transglobal" double live CD which is
>PHENOMENAL!!!

Yeah, I'd agree that one is more essential than the Cleopatra albums
(especially as it contains material very similar to the two live albums).
I got mine used at Amoeba in LA, for whatever that's worth ...

>If only the label (5 months from asking and them promising to
>post it on numerous occasions) would supply uis with more copies, we could
>get it out there.

(personal to Andy: oh cr at p!  thanks for reminding me!)

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com