Ltd Picture Disc

Jill Strobridge jill.strobridge at BLUEYONDER.CO.UK
Tue May 10 17:24:18 EDT 2005

I honestly wouldn't know how to price this today.   I could be way
wrong here but I think the collecting impetus has shifted through
the generations a bit and would suggest that Music is now collected
for its originality and auditory value - i.e. whether a particular
track or piece of music has been issued before or has been issued
in a different style or a better quality of the sound.   So people
collect new music or live music or original tracks that haven't
been heard before or variations of mixes of tracks in different
musical forms (reggae, dub, rave, club etc).

The desire to possess the physical format (vinyl - album covers -
picture discs whatever) doesn't seem to be nearly as important
except to the old-style of Kollector and most already have fairly
complete Hawkwind collections I would guess.    All the tracks on
the 3 picture discs exist elsewhere and though the interview disc
will be of interest, the recent band biographies will probably
cover most of what the interview does.     On balance therefore I
would guess that if you can find a true Kollector who hasn't
already got this then they will probably pay whatever you ask but
it's also possible that the price you get won't be much more than
say £25 or so.

All of this could of course become completely wrong if the new
album sells 15 million copies and the band goes on to play a series
of stadium venues with constant and continuous media coverage.
Your Approved History would then become an item of infinite and
indefinite value!   So I'd hang on to it if I were you - after all,
you never know.....     8-^

bye now
jill