Ltd Picture Disc

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Tue May 10 17:41:17 EDT 2005

On Tue, 10 May 2005 22:24:18 +0100, Jill Strobridge
<jill.strobridge at BLUEYONDER.CO.UK> wrote:

>The desire to possess the physical format (vinyl - album covers -
>picture discs whatever) doesn't seem to be nearly as important
>except to the old-style of Kollector and most already have fairly
>complete Hawkwind collections I would guess.    All the tracks on
>the 3 picture discs exist elsewhere and though the interview disc
>will be of interest, the recent band biographies will probably
>cover most of what the interview does.

It's probably worth mentioning that the audio content of the interview
disc is available on the Cleopatra double-CD, 'the Golden Void', from a
few years back (a very nice compilation that gathered almost all of the
various Flicknife EP's [including 'Night of the Hawks'/'Earth Ritual
Preview'] and 'Friends & Relations' tracks onto one set).

Except for the super-rare early stuff (Glastonbury Fayre, Sonic Attack 7",
US Armed Forces split-LP, Kings of Speed cartoon pic sleeve, euro Hassan
7"s, etc.) it doesn't seem like any Hawkwind vinyl draws particularly high
prices these days (even most UA & Charisma 7"s are available pretty
inexpensively from dealers) ... certain deleted CD's are another story!

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com