OFF: Blunty

Burro Mike sloterdijk at MSN.COM
Mon May 16 17:02:42 EDT 2005

Hello to all,
some of you may have heard mention of my 'hard core hip-hop' project,
Blunty. Nigel was nice enough to help me upload a few files etc. Now, 'Do
Not Panic', I have not, nor will I ever abandon, psychedelic, spacerock
music etc, it's just that I consider my approach to music eclectic and there
a few 'feelings' & 'emotions' that I found most easily expressed through the
hip-hop genre.

This is not really a new thing for me, as I came up with Run DMC and others,
and always dabbled into 'trip-hop' beats etc. Recently I've been
rediscovering many 'Old School' acts, as well as more 'gangsta' type stuff,
like Dr. Dre, who's production approached I consider outstanding,
irrespective of genre. For me, Dre is like the Eno of Hip-Hop. Dre
introduced such notables as Snoop Dogg to the world outside LA, and his
hallmarks can be heard on many of the Doggs' cuts, as well as too many other
artists to mention here. In short, I find that people often forget that real
musicians and producers create the beats and music that back up the more
obvious 'raps'.

So, now that I've said all that, feel free to check out 'Blunty'. There are
two cuts at my new site:
http://www.soundclick.com/blunty

I hope to see some of you at the Sloterdijk, Mandible, Sub-Primitive showin
Philadelphia, June 25th!
That is going to be one great show, and we're getting some good press
coverage too, so come be part of it!!!!!
                  Peace, Mike

PS: I won't be posting any further info about Blunty here, as it's not
really relevent, but wanted some of you to know about it and how to access
the files