HW: Re: Christmas...

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Fri May 20 13:39:21 EDT 2005

On Thu, 19 May 2005 20:14:55 EDT, GutterCat at AOL.COM wrote:

>The fleeces were official. They are sold out for the moment.
>The hoodies were sold ou***de and are uno*****al.
>Nice though.

That segment in Carol Clerk's book made up of accounts by the guy(s) in the
band that were the pay-to-play support for Hawkwind sometime in the 80s was
pretty worthless IMHO.  But the bit about Dave Brock leaving the venue with
a can of gasoline and matches to deal with the people selling bootleg
t-shirts is priceless and more than compensates for the other half-dozen
wasted pages!

"Dave Brock was introduced to me on one of the first Hawkwind shows, just as
he was heading out the main door with a can of petrol and a box of matches,
as he'd heard of some bloke on the corner selling bootleg T-shirts.
'Blimey!' I thought.  'Maybe he has to pay *his* Uncle Rod as well.'"

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com