BOC: The Old Gods Return

Stephan Forstner stemfors at PIPELINE.COM
Sat May 21 15:39:40 EDT 2005

I was at my local library yesterday and came across a novelization of the
movie 'Constantine'. I haven't read the Hellblazer comics and had no
interest in seeing the movie when it was out, and was going to pass this
by, but then noticed it was by John Shirley, so I opened it up out of
curiosity. Right up front he puts this quote:

 "Exactly when the world is not expecting it,
     exactly when we're sure of ourselves-
   that's exactly when the Old Gods Return
           and sweep our cities...
              BACK INTO HELL!"
  -Blue Oyster Cult, "The Old Gods Return,"
       from 'Curse of the Hiden Mirror'

I'm assuming BOC didn't actually get on the soundtrack or I'm sure it would
have been mentioned here, but its nice of JS to plug the band in the book I
thought.

Stephan