Never any BOC news!

Jean Lansford oystrgal at BELLSOUTH.NET
Mon May 23 11:44:10 EDT 2005

> > Which also means, "we only take requests of songs that
> > have been played regularly on the radio in the past,
> > because our listeners would never want to listen to
> > something 'original'".
>
>I would have assumed it meant: "That's not our approved list
>of what we're supposed to play."  I have always assumed --
>probably naively and idealistically -- that DJs are often
>pretty cool music fans and accordingly frustrated with the
>lameness of the format programming that they get stiffed with
>(but that having a job toeing the line as a corporate stooge
>DJ beats being a penniless deadbeat booted off the station
>for playing anything unauthorized).

It could also mean that they're one of the increasing number
of stations that don't have a CD player in the booth. I keep
hearing stories of musicians who show up to radio interviews
with their latest CD only to learn that the DJ has no way of
playing a cut from it.

Rock-n-roll is dead.

Album rock, anyway.