Galactic Patrol Alert : Bad Alien Ebay Bandit!

mark von bargen atnr63 at DSL.PIPEX.COM
Tue Nov 15 15:34:50 EST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List [mailto:BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET] On
Behalf Of M Holmes
Sent: 15 November 2005 12:40
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Subject: Re: Galactic Patrol Alert : Bad Alien Ebay Bandit!

mike wrote:

> Yep, he made 66 and 72 Dollars on the two Hawkwind boots. That's amazing

> prices for what I assume are CD-R's.

> If my information is correct, he hasn't made that money. He might expect
the

> money but the chances are that he won't get it. :-)

Is this a state secret? Have Hawkwind dropped Spetsnaz Lawyers onto his

website? Has someone spoofed gigantic bids in an attempt to frustrate

his auctions?

Enquiring Minds want to know..

FoFP

Contact was made with seller which was apparently ignored. Spoke to one of
the winning bidders who was aware of the context. Somebody persuaded him to
withdraw both of these items. If you look at his
<http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=r_tovell&iid=
4788606407&frm=284>  feedback page on Ebay now it is well stocked with item
withdrawn messages - most of them HW boots ;)