antidrug lemmy

mark von bargen atnr63 at DSL.PIPEX.COM
Tue Nov 15 19:53:30 EST 2005

Nick Wrote:

>Try 'Liverpool Lingo' as a description of the word use.

Wot?

Since when was "pisshead" "Liverpool Lingo"?

I wouldn't argue that Liverpool does a particularly good line in slang, but
surely "pisshead"- a term used all over the UK, and all over Australia and
NZ too- isn't an example, seeing as how it's a) used everywhere and b)
obvious.

Liverpool Lingo would only be an example of the use of such terminology.
Know what I mean; it's sorted kidda and all that.

The point being that the term is not exactly an Oxford English dictionary
defined phrase but it would be used more readily than other terminology such
as drunkard.

Mark