Galactic Patrol Alert : Bad Alien Ebay Bandit!

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Thu Nov 17 12:11:50 EST 2005

On 16/11/2005 13:08, Carl Edlund Anderson wrote:
> Experience has shown that even if you let people record and trade
> freely, many punters are more than happy to cough up a few quid for a
> souvenier copy of the show they just went to. [...]
 > They'll go download their show a few
> weeks later on the web, though increasingly you can just pick up your
> pre-ordered disk on the way out of the venue.

The good Mr. Scott Heller has observed to me that
<http://www.instantlive.com/> are now handling exactly this sort of
"post-show CD souvenier" thing, claiming to deliver finished CDs to fans
in as little as six minutes after a show.  (They've just picked up the
business for Black Label Society.)

I think InstantLive send their own engineers to shows, so I don't know
if they handle stuff outside North America, though.  I don't know how
nugs.net handle the recording engineering side either, though the
official recordings of the Gov't Mule European tour was certainly being
sold through muletracks.com, which is handled by nugs.net (I bought the
London gig myself).  So it must be possible for them to deal with stuff
from outside North America (like, for example, Hawkwind :)

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson