OFF: Fun face recognition

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Tue Nov 29 11:47:22 EST 2005

Plug in a photo and it tells you who it looks like.

http://www.myheritage.com/FP/Company/tryFaceRecognition.php

It takes a while, but you plug in a photo and it finds a famous
lookalike. I got John Travolta.

It failed to match a 1974 piccie of Lemmy though. Haven't tried with
anyone else yet but we could have a competition for the best Catweazle
match...

Speaking of lookalikes though: on the titles of Malcolm in the Middle,
in the very first second, there's a shot of a cartoon figure with a dark
hood on. I swear it looks like Brock in some 1980's picture where I've
seen him in a hooded cowl - presumably Black Sword era.

FoFP