xmas party hotel?

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Wed Nov 30 08:23:08 EST 2005

Arin Komins writes:

> Nature of organizing sometimes.  ..and I only got hit with the extra fine
> for rooms first year that I did the organizing.  I was extra careful in
> subsequent years,

> ...and I never really had the time to take care of the band properly, and
> get all of their prefs up front.  So more my problem than theirs.

As I said, I can only really handle the fan end of things if that looks
practicable. I'm no great shakes at negotiating deals and I have doubts
I'd be able to do this to the band's satisfaction on my first attempt.

> although it can get nervewracking when we drop under the
> 10 room allotments.

Yeah, I can see how that would go...

> Really, to do the band right, I really should be in the UK and more easily
> accessible.  Perils of only being a part-time organizer, I suspect ;-)

We'll miss you this year and not just for your expertise at getting this
sort of stuff done...

Mike