Julian Cope on BOC

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Tue Oct 4 05:17:54 EDT 2005

On 03/10/2005 23:58, mark von bargen wrote:
> Julian Cope is one complex guy, well and truly screwed up at times by his
> copious intake of various narcotics and, yes, it is THE Julian Cope. He
> lives in his own world and plays the role of anti-fan to some effect as seen
> by his commentary on Hawkwind on this review of the Litmus album, You Are
> Here
> http://www.headheritage.co.uk/unsung/albumofthemonth/1240

Heh, though in this article I was struck by his observation that "This
lot are one of the biggest up’n’coming festival bands whose muse is not
in someway informed by the horrendous GAZEUSE-period Gong, which is in
every way a real result for rock’n’roll", since I've often been bemused
at festivals by bands claiming to be "spacerock" but whose music turns
out to be some kind of weird acid-casualty sub-jazz with the all blanga
of Debbie Gibson and about half the balls.  Or less ....

But that could be just me :)

As for BOC, the good Mr. Cope seems to be trying to say "I like a lot of
that stuff, but not all of it, and I wish I liked more of it, or that
there was more I liked, or something, but since that's not enough to
fill this web page (what is?) I'd best go off on a rant about ... stuff!" :)

Cheers,
Carl

ps - good one for Litmus, not being informed by horrendous
GAZEUSE-period Gong :)

pps - Hey, Al, when's the new Brain Surgeons disc coming out? :)

--
Carl Edlund Anderson
mailto:cea at carlaz.com
http://www.carlaz.com/