DVD

Steve Freight stevefreight at GMAIL.COM
Sat Oct 15 07:02:18 EDT 2005

If you think Hawkind is ridiculous try keeping up with Porcupine Tree (and
Steven Wilson various offshoots) now!!
 At least we know which CD's have the anthology / text of... stuff over
again with nothing new. PTree seem to tack at least one extra song or
version of a song onto each format not available on another. Take the early
CD's of say Sky Moves Sideways (now on its 3rd remaster) and vinyl versions
(2 at last count not including the coloured vinyl versions). The IEM album
is being reissued with material from an LP (£15) / CD (£15) / and 5
different coloured vinyl 12"s (£65) onto a new CD (£15) version and double
LP (£30). Serious money for the collector Now that takes the biscuit as far
as I am concerned but I do know someone who has bought 2 copies of each
version so far and will continue to do so.
 I used to be like this and sometimes it is hard not to slip back into old
ways (I must confess to having bought Quark on rock fever for the cover as I
have the Griffin version, and I still pick up Hawkwind Vinyl when I see it
as I regret having totally made the transition to CD a few years ago) but I
have given up with multiple formats now by any band (unless there is
something really interesting involved) and only buy one of each title
providing I can get each issued track, so unfortunately I will be parting
with my money for this one.
 Steve