DVD

pete howe sunboxhouse at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Oct 27 17:04:38 EDT 2005

personally ive grown rather weary of the mass of live concert releases
available...there was a gap of 7 years between space ritual and live 79(!),
apart from the odd live track here and there on studio albums(Hall o.t. m.
g./PXR5 etc).Now theres someting out ,every few months..whether its recent
or yet another dodgy old live recoding from 33 years ago etc etc... Id much
rather see the release of the leftover studio tracks from the last
album...and  this new project of recording old songs, thats taking place,
aopparently...and also the brock/calvert project that is now apparently
finished..these all sound far more interesting than yet another glut of live
albums!
Also, i can understand dave not wanting to undertake lengthy tours
anymore..but Greece again???
:-(   And then just another small handful of dates here again  :-(  . The
Hawks havent played in  this neck of the woods for 8 years, and that was the
rather grim Distant horizons tour!Before that it was 1993, as the Alien4
tour of 1995 was very truncated :-( ...so i guess its the trek up to the
Astoria AGAIN!
                Pete  ( "magnu,dreamworker in time"...lol..did anyone hear
that presenter on five live, after playing that track from the bbc session
from 1985?...she couldnt stop laughing! But great to hear that lost classic
" theyve got your number")