OFF: Aural Innovations: New Radio Shows + Mail Order Goodies

Jerry Kranitz jkranitz at AURAL-INNOVATIONS.COM
Sat Oct 29 12:32:12 EDT 2005

http://Aural-Innovations.com

October 29, 2005: NEW RADIO SHOWS + MAIL ORDER GOODIES

We've just uploaded new shows from Magic Cat Radio (show #12), The Atomic
Bongload (show #16), which is a Meteor City label Special, and Lo Finest
(show #3). See the playlists below. You can go directly to the Radio shows
page at:
http://aural-innovations.com/radio/radio.html

MAIL ORDER NEWS: I just got in a few new releases from the Nasoni label,
including the debut LP by Where The Moon Came From, the debut CD by
Samovaya, a new 7” vinyl release by Siena Root, and the LP version of the
excellent Earthling Society CD, with different artwork than the band
released CD had. I’ve also restocked Zone Six “Live Wired 2004” (CD & LP)
which sold out so quickly a couple months ago.

I also just got a load of CDs in stock, both old and new, from Meteor City,
probably THE best heavy/stoner rock label in the USA. Titles include Spirit
Caravan, The Hidden Hand, Spiritu, Black Nasa, Gallery of Mites, Nebula,
Blind Dog, Abdullah, Eternal Elysium, The Ribeye Brothers and Orquesta del
Desierto. Check out the Meteor City label special on this weeks Atomic
Bongload radio show to hear songs from all of them.

Magic Cat Radio (show #12)

Magic Cat Radio comes to us from Kev Ellis of Buddbledubble, Dr Brown and
Magic Cat, and features special live performances from a variety of
Psychedelic and Space Rock bands, and anything else that Kev cares to share.

The Age - "My Minds Been Pickled"
Judge Trev, Jaki Windmill and Kev Ellis - "Beside The Seaside"
Burning Wood - "Cold War Over Babylon"
Nukli - "Sulpher"
Grooveweird  - "Jeetu"
Judge Trev, Jaki Windmill and Kev Ellis - "The Bucket Song (Raj Neesh)"
Carl Cape - "Electric Krishna"
The Hashtronaut - "The Lambda Variation (edit)"
Dream Aria - "Raindrops"
Bubbledubble - "Dub Slider" (live from The Sonic Rock Festival)

The Atomic Bongload: Meteor City Label Special (show #16)

Meteor City is one of the hottest Stoner and all around Heavy rock labels in
the USA. Visit their web site at www.meteorcity.com.

Spirit Caravan – “Retro Man” (The Last Embrace)
The Hidden Hand – “The Hidden Hand (Theme)” (from Divine Propaganda)
Wooly Mamoth – “Mastercut + Charisma” (from Hidden Hand/Wooly Mammoth split CD)
Blind Dog – “Follow the Fools” (from Captain Dog Rides Again)
Abdullah – “The Path to Enlightenment” (from Abdullah)
Orquesta del Desierto – “Quick to Disappear” (from Dos)
Black Nasa – “Light” (from Deuce)
Spiritu – “Slump” (from Spiritu)
Gallery of Mites – “Headless Body, Topless Bar” (from Bugs on the Bluefish)
Nebula – “Fly On” (from Dos EPs)
Eternal Elysium – “Floating Downer” (from Spiritualized D)
Blind Dog – “Wish I Knew Which Side I’m On” (from The Last Adventures of
Captain Dog)
The Ribeye Brothers – “Bootfull of Piss” (from If I Had A Horse
)
The Ribeye Brothers – “Drinkin’ and Stinkin’” (from If I Had A Horse
)
Orquesta del Desierto – “Waiting for That Star to Fall” (from Orquesta del
Desierto)

Lo Finest Show #3 (the song as interpreted by home tapers)

Lo Finest is a program dedicated to the appreciation of homemade recordings
that were made and distributed on cassette tapes during the 1980s and 90s,
hosted by veteran home recording artist Charles Rice Goff III. Thousands of
sonic artists were cranking out cassettes all over the world during the 80s
and 90s. The whole cassette explosion took place long before people had home
computers, the internet, email, mp3s, and all that. People found out about
hometapers by reading various publications that offered reviews of tapes, by
listening to those rare radio broadcasts that would feature home tapes, by
sending a letter to a contact address that had been printed on one of the
many compilation cassettes that were created and distributed during this
period, etc. Most hometapers were not approaching their craft as a means to
achieving economic success, and this allowed for some incredibly free
thinking endeavors to be realized. Trading tapes was common, offering a sort
of sonic cultural exchange that had never really been possible before the
age of inexpensive home recording technology.

The Rabbit’s Hat “Wings Of Freedom” (from Shrike Food)
Tom Bollinger’s Fetishes “Lavender Dye” (from Herbicides Or Pesticides)
Michael J. Bowman “Never Suffered For Art”
Michael J. Bowman “Get Down”
Heather Perkins “Kitty In Prison” (from Dangerous Household Objects)
Harold Sack Ziegler “Flat Frog/Entenquak” (from Doublegum Bubbledub)
Harold Sack Ziegler “Mine Is The Time” (from Schnapp Flop Fetz)
Lord Litter “Quite Naturally” (from Quite Naturally)
Don Campau “Welcome To My World” (from Pen Pals 2)
Don Campau “I Had To Call Her” (from Pen Pals 2)
John Bartles “KD Lang Is The Only Man In My Life” (from Born To Lick Salt)
John Bartles “Mangia O Mangia” (from Heathen Dog Likkers From The New World
Order)
Farces Wanna Mo “Hey Black Cincinnati” (from Unroyal Nonagons)
Farces Wanna Mo “Shampoo Rinse Repeat” (from Unroyal Nonagons)
Turkey Makes Me Sleepy “Padukem” (from Live October 31, 1997)
Bodycocktail “Pick Me Back Up” (from Smiling Device)
Amy Denio “Vomit A Comet” (from Never Too Old To Pop A Hole)
M. Nomized “Logic Music 1” (from Sample 8)
The Bill Jones Show “I Like The Television” (from The Goatman Of Maryland)
The Bill Jones Show “Wingo The Postcard Man” (from The Goatman Of Maryland)
Seiei Jack “Get Up And Boogie/1999” (from Insane Music For Insane People
Volume 16)
The Cyderbunny “Bacteria” (from Return Of The Gone)

http://Aural-Innovations.com