BOC: From the Archive

John Swartz jswartz at MITRE.ORG
Wed Sep 14 07:57:20 EDT 2005

> Can I just say how good it is to have a BOC related story, albeit for a show
> I have ABSOLUTELY no chance of going to.  More BOC stories please.  John,
> how about a few stories from your archive?

Well, since the subject was BOC in Boston, here's my notes from the last
two times I saw them play in Boston proper - at the now long-gone
"Channel" nightclub:

                  B L U E   O Y S T E R   C U L T
                                  The Channel
                        Boston, Massachusetts
                               October 17, 1985

Note:  Not sure about the exact ordering of some of the songs in the
middle of the set.

      The songs (in order performed):

           R. U. Ready 2 Rock
           E.T.I.
           Buck's Boogie
           Make Rock, Not War*
           Take Me Away
           Dancin' in the Ruins*
           Then Came the Last Days of May
           Joan Crawford
           Wings of Mercury*
           Burnin' For You
           Godzilla
           (Don't Fear) The Reaper
                -- encores --
           Cities on Flame
           Hot Rails to Hell

Notes:

BOC:  Eric Bloom, Buck Dharma, Joe Bouchard, Tommy Zvonchek, Jimmy Wilcox

*New song.

Eric Bloom turned out to be a prophet that night, asking the crowd, "How
'bout the Red Sox and the Mets in the World Series next year?" (He also
added, "I hate the Yankees, man, they suck.")  The Red Sox and the Mets
played eachother in the 1986 World Series.

Joe Bouchard sang the first verse of "Joan Crawford", but appeared to
have trouble remembering the lyrics.  Eric Bloom sang the second verse.