so are they all NTSC?

Roy G. Ovrebo bloody.peasant at GMAIL.COM
Wed Sep 14 10:50:02 EDT 2005

On 09:02 Wed 14 Sep     , David Kuznick wrote:
> Quoting M Holmes <fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK>:
>
> > The bonus DVD that is...
> >
> > Why?
>
> To make sure the UK fans who can easily get the DVD are as pissed off as the US
> fans who can't easily get it.

I think it's due to Americans being challenged in the DVD
player department. Europeans have multi-region players and _most_ of
them handle NTSC colour, or the TV does. If neither of them speaks
NTSC, you get black and white. If either the DVD player or the TV does,
you get colour. (You can see the same thing on imported Playstation
games.)

I've got a new Sony DVD player, but some discs have to played on my old
cheap'n'nasty United, because I've got a creaky old TV set.
It's very common with music discs, I've found.

--
Roy G. Ovrebo