RE: Re: BOC - Club Ninja and Wings of Mercury

nick at THECOMPLETESHEET.COM nick at THECOMPLETESHEET.COM
Thu Sep 15 09:00:31 EDT 2005

I remember when Club Ninja came out.  Like a lot of others on the list, I ran out to grab it on release day.  I remember thinking it was really cool at first.  But after repeated listenings, the lameness of some of the tracks started showing through.

That being said, I will defend Perfect Water, Shadow Warrior and When the War Comes to the death.

Dancin' in the Ruins is pretty decent, but could have used less of that "new wave" influence that was spoken of.  And White Flags, for reasons I'll never quite understand, remains a guilty pleasure that I'll only admit to in certain company.  :)

--Nick