so are they all NTSC?

Ted Jackson Tjackson at SYR.EDU
Fri Sep 16 10:09:52 EDT 2005

Alisa writes:

> But surely you can give a backup to someone to listen so that person
could
> decide to buy albums or not?.. For example you don't want to risk a
real cd
> (especially if it's a rarity).

Nope. That's definitely illegal under copyright law. It may even be
illegal to have a bunch of your pals in to listen to the original DC,
if
it amounts to a "public performance".

Wouldn't it only be illegal if you charged $ for the public
performance?  I know bars get around this here in
the US, by paying a monthly fee to ASCAP or BMI,
but how they determine a way to compensate the
band is beyond me...

tj