BOC: Long Day's Night version confusion

John Swartz jswartz at MITRE.ORG
Wed Sep 21 08:17:45 EDT 2005

> So I'd like to get both the CD and DVD.  But I'm confused as it seems there are
> a bunch of different formats.  Besides the obvious separate CD and DVD, there
> seems to be a 2-disc CD and DVD packaged together in a jewel box.  But the
> track listing for the DVD (I just sw it in Tower Records) make's it look like
> it's missing a bunch of stuff.

Strange - without looking at it, my assumption is that it is actually
the full DVD and CD packaged together, but perhaps they only listed the
tracks from the CD?  The DVD should definitely have additional tracks -
I doubt they would have produced a scaled down DVD for this package.

> There also seems to be a 1-disc CD/DVD
> Dualdisc.  I assume the DVD side is actually DVD-Audio, as opposed to video?

I don't have experiences with Dualdiscs, but I thought they would be
standard DVD (that is, with video) on one side and CD on the other.

> Are the 2 true DVD versions really the same, and just mislabelled on the 2-fer?
>  Then there ALSO seems to be a DVD-Audio version by itself; I assume that's
> actually not the DVD video?

I'm not sure what the point of a DVD-audio version would be...

> In good news, I happened to spot a Stalk-Forrest CD at the Newbury Comics in
> Burlington, MA misfiled today.  I don't have it and had been looking for it
> last week when Newbury had a 20% off sale but didn't see it.  So I decided to
> buy it today; it was labelled at $18.99.  It rang up for $9.99!  Woo-hoo!  Also
> FINALLY rectified not having On Your Feet Or On Your Knees...

Now if that doesn't deserve a big "Whoo HOO!", I don't know what does... ;-)

Enjoy!

John