BOC: Long Day's Night version confusion

David Kuznick dkuznick at ALUMNI.BRANDEIS.EDU
Wed Sep 21 09:37:17 EDT 2005

Quoting John Swartz <jswartz at MITRE.ORG>:

> > So I'd like to get both the CD and DVD.  But I'm confused as it seems there
> are
> > a bunch of different formats.  Besides the obvious separate CD and DVD,
> there
> > seems to be a 2-disc CD and DVD packaged together in a jewel box.  But the
> > track listing for the DVD (I just sw it in Tower Records) make's it look
> like
> > it's missing a bunch of stuff.
>
> Strange - without looking at it, my assumption is that it is actually
> the full DVD and CD packaged together,

That would have been my assumption too, hence my surprise.

> but perhaps they only listed the
> tracks from the CD?  The DVD should definitely have additional tracks -
> I doubt they would have produced a scaled down DVD for this package.

It would sure seem stupid.

> > There also seems to be a 1-disc CD/DVD
> > Dualdisc.  I assume the DVD side is actually DVD-Audio, as opposed to
> video?
>
> I don't have experiences with Dualdiscs, but I thought they would be
> standard DVD (that is, with video) on one side and CD on the other.

No, I don't think so.  I think the DVD side is a surround mix of the CD side,
possibly also including a DVD-Audio mix. I don't think it's the video.

--
David Kuznick   dkuznickATalumni.brandeis.edu
"I am the storm that won't be calmed, I am the calm that follows.