HW: N.I.N.

Guido Vacano nycademon at SPIRALREALM.COM
Wed Sep 21 19:52:32 EDT 2005

alan day wrote:

> Sorry friend! I love husker Du and have got heavelly into some
> N.I.N.'s.I've
> just discovered "Mr. Bungle"Can youtell me anything about them?I'm
> cerntainlly not a music fascist so I hope I havent offended>You should
> see
> my album collection.Alan

I'm a huge Mr. Bungle fan. Their first album is the best, IMHO. I
especially like "Girls of Porn" and "My Asshole's on Fire". :-) The
first album was Mike Patton's brainchild, and was produced by John Zorn
(avant garde New York Jewish Jazz guy, if you're not familiar with him
-- HUGE catalog ranging from boring/weird to brilliant), and I think
it's Mike Patton's (vocals) first "major" recording. MP went on to front
Faith No More, and has spawned several other projects, such as Fantomas,
Tomahawk, etc. He's also appeared on various John Zorn recordings, and
other things, such as Dillinger Escape Plan's _Irony is a Dead Scene_.
Here's his wikipedia entry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Patton

If you like one Mr. Bungle album, chances are you will like the others.
I highly recommend anything by Fantomas or Faith No More as well, but
especially _The Director's Cut_ by the former, and _Angel Dust_ by the
latter.

Guido

P.S. Just FYI, your girlfriend or wife will probably hate all of it. :-)