BOC: Long Day's Night version confusion

David Kuznick dkuznick at ALUMNI.BRANDEIS.EDU
Thu Sep 22 16:36:37 EDT 2005

Quoting Brad Dahl <dahl at WIRELESSBEEHIVE.COM>:

> I'll second that.

I actually wasn't sure if John was referring to my scoring a Stalk-Forrest CD
for $10, or simply buying OYFOOYK.

> That album changed my life and playing along with it took
> my bass playing to a whole new level.  Magical stuff on that disc.

I listened to it yesterday and it's really, really good.  I'm not even the
biggest fan of the real early stuff, but it sounds so much better live.

> At times
> I wish it was sonically better, but then I realize that the almost "bootleg"
> quality adds to the magic.

Hmmmm..  I was actually quite impressed with the sound-quality myself (though it
seemed to get a bit worse towards the end).   I wonder if there are different
pressings?

>  The next best thing to being there.  Long live
> BOC! (and continued success to the Bouchard Bros)

Yes, and yes!  I wish I could make it to the BS gig tomorrow night at the Abbey
Lounge, but I don't think I can swing it.  We'll see...

David K.