BOC-L Digest - 23 Sep 2005 to 24 Sep 2005 (#2005-253)

M R Godwin hssmrg at BATH.AC.UK
Mon Sep 26 04:59:56 EDT 2005

Quoting Automatic digest processor <LISTSERV at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET>:

> Topics of the day:
>
>   1. BOC: Long Day's Night version confusion (2)
>   2. so are they all NTSC?

> Date:    Fri, 23 Sep 2005 08:46:15 -0400
> From:    David Kuznick <dkuznick at ALUMNI.BRANDEIS.EDU>
> Subject: Re: BOC: Long Day's Night version confusion
>
> Quoting John Swartz <jswartz at MITRE.ORG>:
>
> > But I'd also have to agree about OYFOOYK - a fantastic live album that
> > really captured early BOC (come to think of it, listening to "Subhuman",
> > you can hear those early psychadelic influences from the time period
> > when the band was the Stalk-Forrest Group).
>
> In fact I was shocked at how good Subhuman was on there.  I always thought
> the
> version on ST was weak.  Probably in part because I heard the "Blue Oyster
> Cult" song on Imaginos first (likewise I much prefer the Imaginos version of
> "Astronomy" to the one on ST).
>
> David K.

* But the best version of all is on a tape which I think Brad sent to me several
years ago entitled "BOC in the West". which has a wonderful atmospheric synth
break from Allan. Know the one I mean?

- Mike Godwin