album slagging

john-paul hawkwomble at TISCALI.CO.UK
Sat Apr 1 16:02:17 EST 2006

have just listened to doremi, 25 years, levitation and tmtyl. 4 very different albums. when played to someone not into hawkwind 4 different bands. any natural progression of sound, maybe, maybe not. is one better or worse than the other, who knows. should you form opinions based on the previous album or wait untill the next one. should production and mix make us enjoy it more or less. should an album be slagged just because of production quality. aren't we supposed to be listening to the music. give me the "muddy" sound of the original space ritual over the remixed any day. imo a couple of tracks on tmtyl suffer from bad production but the tracks are still good tracks.what would be better a badly produced album or no album

i've just found the cabinet key...
jp

p.s in the late 80's early 90's used to meet a guy from scotland at the hammy odeon gigs, around the corner in a pub, i think he was called mike. is he out there?