Litmus Gigs

Colin Allen colin at CALLEN18.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Sat Apr 1 17:57:14 EST 2006

Litmus have a couple of gigs this month, as a break from working on the new
album (I promised to let them come out and play if they got the guitar
tracks done!).  These are:

April 8th: The Farm, nr Skegness, supporting Space Ritual

April 25th: The Dome, 178 Junction Road, Tuffnell Park, London, supporting
Ufomammut.

Audience recording of Litmus is encouraged.

Colin

----- Original Message -----
From: "john-paul" <hawkwomble at TISCALI.CO.UK>
To: <BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET>
Sent: Saturday, April 01, 2006 10:02 PM
Subject: album slagging

have just listened to doremi, 25 years, levitation and tmtyl. 4 very
different albums. when played to someone not into hawkwind 4 different
bands. any natural progression of sound, maybe, maybe not. is one better or
worse than the other, who knows. should you form opinions based on the
previous album or wait untill the next one. should production and mix make
us enjoy it more or less. should an album be slagged just because of
production quality. aren't we supposed to be listening to the music. give me
the "muddy" sound of the original space ritual over the remixed any day. imo
a couple of tracks on tmtyl suffer from bad production but the tracks are
still good tracks.what would be better a badly produced album or no album

i've just found the cabinet key...
jp

p.s in the late 80's early 90's used to meet a guy from scotland at the
hammy odeon gigs, around the corner in a pub, i think he was called mike. is
he out there?