OFF: Doug Walker

EliPXR5 at AOL.COM EliPXR5 at AOL.COM
Thu Apr 6 11:25:36 EDT 2006

Hi All... I was very saddened and distressed to learn of the tragic passing
of my friend Doug Walker. I had the pleaseure of getting to know Doug over the
last 15 or so years, and of seeing him play live several times with Alien
Planetscapes, one of the all time great space rock bands. When Bill Stewart and I
promoted the last New York Hawkwind gig at Coney Island High in 1997, we asked
Doug to open the show with AP, and as always they came and delivered. Doug
was so happy and proud to be sharing a bill and a stage with his heroes. Others
have mentioned the depth of his musical skill and knowledge, and that was an
impressive part of his personality. I will always remember the strength and
tenacity that Doug showed in the face of numerous personal situations, not only
with his own diabetes and heart condition, but in the face of the loss of his
beloved wife in a traffic accident just a few years back. He was a very special
man. We're all going to miss Dr. Synth. God Rest His Soul. Peace, Eli
Friedman