HW: album slagging

Iain Ferguson iainferguson at AOL.COM
Fri Apr 7 04:26:54 EDT 2006

Hi you said,

Jonathan Jarrett wrote on 06/04/2006, 22:28:

 > there's a clutch of soundalike second-rate tracks, the title rework
 > which is a bit tiring (though nothing like as bad as the CYM `Silver
 > Machine' I grant you) and then the synth bits which are less
 > interesting than the CM ones. However...

Which reminded me of when Sonic Attack came out & Hawkwind went on tour
with it, I was asked by Radio Bristol to interview the band on the Drive
time show before the gig (I was about 14 or 15)

so due time of 2:00pm arrived at the Radio station and the band walked
in sans Mr Brock (big disapointment), we went to the infamous Green room
and started drinking with the band.

Time for the recording of the interview came and went. eventually some
officious type arrived and dragged everyone up stairs to record.

bear in mind that i have about 10 questions lined up, what did I start
with ???

"Why did you re-record Sonic attack, i hate it  hahahahahaha"

I have the recording of the interview somewhere, not very enlightening
I'm afraid, but the chat in the Green room was very colourful.
And who'd a known that HLL smoked unbelievably thin rollups, his were
smaller than mine & i was a school kid, and him famous & a hero...

ahh the memories. and your right, Sonic attack the track was nothing
compaired to what awaited with the whole of Choose your masks (for me
anyway), but more especially the re-recordng of Silver Machine. (didn't
the band do this as a joke, but the record company want it released it
anyway ( or was that just the single).

iain