HW: Roadburn

gingoblin at EASYNET.CO.UK gingoblin at EASYNET.CO.UK
Wed Apr 26 11:26:53 EDT 2006

Yeah, I thoroughly enjoyed the gig too, though it's the first time in a
while there hasn't been at least one surprise in the setlist. Saying that
though, Lord Of Light, Paradox, Psychedelic Warlords and Upside Down are
previous gig surprises of such high quality that they more than do the
job.   As an aside, I'm sure I recall talk of Treadmill making a brief
reappearance in the set fairly recently... did this really happen or just
wishful thinking on my part?

Anyway, the band were tight, the lights were great, the venue was excellent
for getting a good view... a fine evening indeed!

Don't recall mention of a DVD though, or seeing cameras, but who knows?!

And I'd have to agree, someone making purely the Del/Dik Mik type swooshes
and so on would always be good!  Personally it's the violin I miss most,
but swooshes, bleeps and... what IS that sound??!!... are always good to hear!

Great gig though... keeping Hawkwind still atop of the pile for me. Here's
to many many more just like it!

Dave

PS. Jill... Paradox is indeed a bit of a tear-jerker!!!