Wot no Allen?

Tue Aug 1 10:00:09 EDT 2006

On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 07:25:46AM -0400, Ted Jackson typed out:
> The Astoria set contained no encores as there was a
> 10:15 curfew. This was a bit of a shame as they could have come on earlier
> and done a slightly longer set,

	I didn't get into town that night till gone 9, so I guess it was
as well I figured I wouldn't get much of a show by the time I got there
and went on home (I was coming from somewhere else). What with no Allen
either it seems I picked a good one to miss, but, this is what I
concluded the last time they were over and I couldn't make it. Whatever
the contents of the set, I wish they'd stop throwing me reasons to not
be sorry I missed them, you know? Though I would have liked to see SYiB
again.

	Mind you, I also hope Allen's OK. If he was going back to the
States at least it wasn't immediately life-threatening. But also,
presumably fairly incapacitating! There's little point in my putting my
best wishes on this list but I do so anyway: get well soon Allen. Yours,

Jon

--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
	    (Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
 Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk