BOC: Sunday Times review

Stephen Swann swann at PLUTONIA.COM
Tue Aug 1 11:08:27 EDT 2006

On Tue, Aug 01, 2006 at 06:12:07AM -0600, Brad Dahl wrote:
> > that they persist in a generic setlist.  But it may also
> > have something to do with the band's comfort level.
>
> On the other hand, the setlists I have seen from this past year have
> contained songs I've never seen them do and I've been attending ever concert
> possible since 1975.

It's been a while since I've seen them, but back when I
was catching every show I remember being frustrated
that I always seemed to catch the "standard" show (you
know the one, it opens with Stairway to the Stars, has
the big 3 in the middle, and has the long version of
Last Days of May towards the end) while other people
catching shows during the same time period got stuff
like The Vigil and Unknown Tongue, that I've never
heard them do.  (Not that I would want them to trade
out Last Days of May - that's actually the highlight
of every show for me now).

Meanwhile, I've got a Brain Surgeons show coming up in
August 25 in Manhatten, where I will continue my
campaign of pestering Al to either drop some of the BOC
in favor of more tBS, or else play longer sets.  ;-)
Anyone else gonna be there?

Steve