OFF: Re: R. E. M.

gary shindler bewlay68 at YAHOO.COM
Sat Aug 12 12:31:04 EDT 2006

R.E.M. was best in their IRS days before they sold out
to Warner Brothers. "Fables of the Reconstruction" was
great, I thought a real change for them from the
jangly Byrds thang. Maybe it was because they worked
with a great producer like Joe Boyd a name behind
artists like Fairport Convention, Pink Floyd, etc. I
remember when "Green" came out and hated "Stand." It
sounded like a song from Sesame Street. I always
changed the words to "Shit on the toilet you own, now
wipe it..." "Orange Crush" was good and so was the
song with Patti Smith. I haven't cared about them in
years. Yeah, I'd probably get a new BOC album before
them and those haven't been so hot either of recent.
The newest Brain Surgeons sticks out as probably
better than anything the Cult's done in years.

Gary
--- David Kuznick <dkuznick at ALUMNI.BRANDEIS.EDU>