HW: Special announcement! (FAO: Bernhard)

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Thu Aug 17 12:52:34 EDT 2006

On 17/08/2006 17:37, M Holmes wrote:
> Are these straight out of the Roadburn gig or have the sonmgs been
> postprocessed in some way?

They sound like they are at least sourced from higher bit-rate files
than the Roadburn RealAudio stream (which did not exactly have the
highest bit rate known to man ;).  Myspace theoretically imposes limits
on file size, but I've downloaded (and uploaded) some comparatively
hefty MP3s from Myspace on occasion, so maybe they don't care that much.

The Hawkwind Myspace page only streams the songs, so it's hard to say
what the source was, but they sound pretty good in comparsion to the old
Roadburn RealAudio stream!  Nice choice of samples, too -- shows off
what the band is doing these days very well, I think!

(Man, cross-linking from Hawkwind got my own Myspace page a load of hits
today!  I would have worked harder on getting a few more songs closer to
finished if I'd known! :)

Cheers,
Carl

ps -- for members following both sides of the list, the Brain Surgeons
also have a (heavily populated!) Myspace page:
<http://www.myspace.com/brainsurgeons>. Good rockin' :)

--
Carl Edlund Anderson
mailto:cea at carlaz.com