ME-262 on Google Video (Plane, not Song)

Tue Aug 22 15:21:29 EDT 2006

On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 10:40:37AM -0400, Rus Hall typed out:
> http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7620890100890480&hl=en

	Cool! I knew some company in Texas was going to build some, and I knew they'd been going
too for so long that there was every chance that they'd be done by now, but I hadn't realised
there was actually one on the show circuit.

	When I read about it, it was an article about some Fw.190s the same company had made,
like the 262 to the genuine manufacturer's plans using as close to contemporary materials as
they could easily source. I believe that in the case of the 262s they'd even got permission from
Messerschmitt's current incarnation (which makes helicopters) to do it. There are a couple of
airshows in the US which are for warbirds only, that being aeroplanes that are old enough to have
seen service in WWII or Korea by their definition, and the prospective owners of the 262s were
arguing that if they were made with Messerschmitt's licence, to Messerschmitt plans, they were
more authentic than many of the actual warbirds which are often pieced together from several
airframes... I don't think the show organisers gave in, but it's nice to see it booked anyway...
Yours,
	Jon

ObCDBeforeISwitchedOverToHearTheJetwash: University of Errors - _Jet Propelled Photographs_ (not
inappropriate really)
--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
	    (Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
 Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk