One of the Members...

Music Street Journal - Gary Hilll musicstreetjournal at MUSICSTREETJOURNAL.COM
Wed Aug 23 10:30:19 EDT 2006

One of the members of this list suggested that I join and post this here. So, first a little bit about my participation. I always have the best intentions of keeping up with these lists when I join, but as time constraints push in on me, I tend to lose track of the lists for a while. So, I'll be trying to sit back and keep up with all of you, but if I fall silent it's either because I don't have anything to contribute at the moment or because I've gotten buried in work.

Alright, onto the news that I was told I should post here. As some of you may or may not know Blue Oyster Cult uses a lot of literature in the themes to their lyrics. Amongst the authors whose work they draw upon is Howard Phillips (or H. P.) Lovecraft. It is for this reason that BOC gets several pages in my new book The Strange Sound of Cthulhu - Music Inspired by the Writings of H. P. Lovecraft. Actually had I been able to reach the members of the band for their insights (a good three fourths or perhaps a little more of the artists in the book provided theirs) they would have had more space. Unfortunately, I did not have any luck in securing contact with the band. Still, because of several songs the group have recorded over the years, they do get a good amount of page space.

Anyway, you can check out excerpts from the book by stopping by this page www.musicstreetjournal.com/cthulhubook and following the link for the blog.

You can check out the storefront (and buy the book) here www.lulu.com/strangesound.

Well, thanks for giving me my first Listserv experience, folks. I've known about the existence of these lists for years, but never signed up to one before.

Gary

Gary Hill

Author of the book The Strange Sound of Cthulhu -
Music Inspired by the Writings of H.P. Lovecraft
musicstreetjournal.com/cthulhubook.htm
lulu.com/strangesound

Music Street Journal
http://www.musicstreetjournal.com

Make us your first stop for Internet shopping at
http://musicstreetjournal.com/newshoppng.htm.  Bookmark it today.

Don't forget you can buy book compilations of many of our articles, items
with music and MSJ slogans and the MSJ Sampler CD Got Prog? at
http://www.cafepress.com/msjmerch

Ask us about direct sales through MSJ Direct, and a wide variety of artist
services through MSJ Productions. Check out MSJ Direct (look it over and
place an order) at http://www.musicstreetjournal.com/msjdirect.htm

Beet Cafe
http://www.beetcafe.com

Wormwood Chronicles