OFF: The Weller/Kilmister controversy

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Wed Dec 6 05:58:23 EST 2006

On 06/12/2006 09:43, iain ferguson wrote:
> come on,  they were bloody excellent.

I think I was the wrong age at the time.  Occasionally I catch a song
now and think "That's cool", not realizing until later it was the Police.

Well, when I was a teen, I didn't know who'd played "Don't Fear the
Reaper", either ... ;)

> All three of them outstanding musicians.

You may be right -- I only tend to get reminded of this when I hear them
again anew and afresh (if that's a word), like with Copeland in
Oysterhead.  I still think Sting has gone a bit bland (I will quietly
admit to liking some of his early solo songs, though I only heard them
'cause my sister had the LPs ;) but now that I think of it, I'm not sure
I've heard any of Andy Summers's solo stuff.

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson