OFF: Motorhead & Clutch @ Cambridge Corn Exchange, 16 November 2006

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Wed Dec 6 07:17:44 EST 2006

On 06/12/2006 11:34, Jonathan Jarrett wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 12:17:00PM +0000, Carl Edlund Anderson typed out:
>> I think I would have liked it -- and I think I'm more bummed to have
>> missed Clutch (only seen 'em once) than Motorhead (seen 'em a bunch of
>> time, though "too much is never enough", natch!).
>
> 	I can only point out that they, like myself and Scott "Dr Space"
> Heller will be at the Roadburn Festival in Tilburg in April :-)

Yeah ... but I strongly suspect I won't :P  Ah well!

>> Should I feel obliged to note that the latest album is _Kiss of Death_?
>>  Inferno is _so_ 2004, man! ;)
>
> 	I stand suitably corrected! Perhaps that's why I couldn't find a
> copy of _Inferno_ anywhere in this hick town...

The magic of Amazon.co.uk brings the +DVD version to your door for no
worse than 15 quid.  That seems a bit steep, though I gather the
accompanying DVD is actually pretty cool.  Cheaper versions of the album
can be had for 7ish quid, though :)

>> I suppose it would churlish of me to think they ought to have played
>> "Beer Drinkers and Hell-raisers" at this point :)
>
> 	I did wonder, for a moment...

Bizarrely, I was playing some naff trivia game the other night which had
a question about the Beer Drinkers EP!  I hadn't known it had been
released on "vomit-coloured vinyl" (having been 8 or 9 at the time ;)
but, you know, I was able to guess which band had done that ;)

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson