OFF: The Weller/Kilmister controversy

tim elliott heathcliff13 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Dec 6 08:27:25 EST 2006

I owned at one time a couple of Andy Summer's solo cassettes, but found them
to be too much new-agey guitar noodling to my taste. I think if one listened
to them without knowing who he was, you'd never guess that he was guitarist
for the Police.
tim  8>)...

On 12/6/06, Arin Komins <akomins at uchicago.edu> wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Dec 2006, Carl Edlund Anderson wrote:
>
> :
> :> All three of them outstanding musicians.
> :
> :You may be right -- I only tend to get reminded of this when I hear them
> again
> :anew and afresh (if that's a word), like with Copeland in Oysterhead.  I
> still
> :think Sting has gone a bit bland (I will quietly admit to liking some of
> his
> :early solo songs, though I only heard them 'cause my sister had the LPs
> ;) but
> :now that I think of it, I'm not sure I've heard any of Andy Summers's
> solo
> :stuff.
>
> I've liked Andy Summers's stuff with Robert Fripp, but that's all of his
> solo stuff that I've heard.
>
> Arin
> (occasionally a Crim fan)
> --
> Arin Komins                                   akomins at uchicago.edu
> Assistant Director - Solutions Architecture
> University of Chicago/NSIT/RP&A                 tel: (773)834-4087
> 1155 E. 60th St. #307a, Chicago, IL 60637       fax: (773)702-0559

tim  8>)...
http://heathcliff13.blogspot.com