OFF: Motorhead & Clutch @ Cambridge Corn Exchange, 16 November 2006

Wed Dec 6 10:56:14 EST 2006

On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 08:24:04AM -0500, Ted Jackson typed out:
> > 	They mainly changed during the drum solo, because firstly Mikkey
> > Dee may not actually be the best drummer in the world as Lemmy claims,
> > but I've only seen one who could beat him in a showing-off contest,
> > and that was Carl Palmer and that contains the danger that the showing-off
> > might be during `Karn Evil 9', which strikes me as a price not worth
> > paying...
>
> Hmm...There's a pretty decent drummer on this very forum
> you might want to give a listen to.  I don't know that he's into
> the showing-off thing, but I've never heard either Carl Palmer
> or Mickey Dee do anything beat-wise, actually contributing to
> a song that compares to his work on the first 3 albums...

	Well, no, I see your point :-) It would be interesting to know
what Motorhead would be like with Al on drums, though actually _Denial
of Death_ sounds pretty close to what you might imagine it to be. But
I've seen Al once, and his soloes were tastefully modest compared to
those two's showboating, even if his actual drumming during songs was
much more musical. I was mainly comparing showboating :-) Yours,
								 Jon
(who still thinks the Stalk Forrest Group album is best explained as an
extended jam by Buck and Al with the others mainly backing)

--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
	    (Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
 Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk