Hawkwind Political messages

Keith Henderson khenders64 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Dec 14 14:01:20 EST 2006

Chris Owen <chrisow at SHAW.CA> wrote:    >I had this idea once of designing a whole virtual planet and society called Planet Viridian which I was going to put online;
I got as far as doing away with politicians, nation states, organised religon, military, weapons research,
medical waiting lists, traffic wardens, social workers, multibillionaires, passports we could travel and live anywhere
and over population, 1 Billion max.
Everything was just about quality of life and natural morality and fairness and justice but I ran out of time and money!

So did Ursula LeGuin.  The place is called Anarres.  Look it up.  (And if anybody finds it, let me know...I'd like to live there.)

  Grakkl

  P.S.  Oh, and there's no money, so you can't run out of it.  :)

  P.P.S.  The Ansible, something that coincidentally was just referred to here by Arin (I guess it's a fanzine or something...was confusing at first, as I thought something was about to be physically teleported across space without delay), is a sort of Macguffin in this otherwise socio-political anarchic allegory.  Called the Dispossessed, natch.