BOC-L Digest - 14 Dec 2006 to 15 Dec 2006 (#2006-291)

Chris Owen chrisow at SHAW.CA
Fri Dec 15 12:00:00 EST 2006

Hi M, Is that Mike or?

I guess that just about raps it up for idealism!
If we cant dream and hope for a better world then for sure we will never get
one.

You will notice however that I did not say I would have forced anyone to do
what they dont want to do. These were simply things that the people of
Viridian would
all agree make for a better world. I still think there is a chance that we
could make a better
world and a starting point would be if could describe or define what one
would look like.

Obviously the first thing we would aim for in no more war so no need for H
Bombs
tanks and military. You dont have to blow someones head off to get what you
want.
I believe that the best example of what I am describing is how Ghandi was
able
to change his world by just sitting down in the road.

I must say that these Bush years have really knocked my belief that mankind
can
do better though. Or perhaps I am getting too old and tired to dream of
better things.

Chris