Hawkwind-Nearfest press release

EliPXR5 at AOL.COM EliPXR5 at AOL.COM
Fri Dec 15 12:21:33 EST 2006

 NEARFEST PRESS RELEASE
December 15, 2006

SPACESHIP HAWKWIND TO LAND AT NEARFEST 2007

NEARfest is very excited to announce the legendary British space rock
collective Hawkwind as our first headline act for our ninth annual festival. Led by
guitarist, keyboardist and vocalist Dave Brock, Hawkwind has earned world-wide
renown for their 36-year musical mission to explore inner and outer space.
>From their genre-defining classic albums "Space Ritual", "Hall of the Mountain
Grill", and "Warrior at the Edge of Time" to their brand new recording "Take Me
to Your Leader", the band has coursed through the cosmos with their
progressive hard rock guitar and keyboard-led attack, sci-fi themed lyrics, and
memorable songs.

Hawkwind has always shined most in a live setting through the decades, with
improvisatory excursions intermingling with visual imagery and interpretive
dancing to provide immersive multi-media sensory experiences for audiences around
the world. Be sure not to miss this rare Stateside landing of spaceship
Hawkwind on the Saturday slate at NEARfest 2007!

(*pending expected visa approval by the end of 2006)

MP3 downloads will be available on the NEARfest website in the near future.

http://www.nearfest.com

- Chad

"AFTER THE STORM", A Benefit Album for the Survivors of Hurricane Katrina
Featuring echolyn, Kansas, Camel, The Flower Kings, Spock's Beard and more
http://afterthestorm.nearfestrecords.com