OFF: PINKFAIRIES AT THE ROUNDHOUSE ON 22.1.07

Fri Dec 22 08:43:47 EST 2006

On Mon, Dec 04, 2006 at 01:39:17PM -0000, Dave Bottomley typed out:
> FYI - this just in from the man himself:-

	<snip>

> THAT'S RIGHT, THEY ARE BACK TOGETHER, FOR ONE SHOW ONLY ON 22ND JANUARY 07
>
> SEE WEBSITES FOR DETAILS
>
>  <http://www.pinkfairies.co.uk> www.pinkfairies.co.uk  and
> <http://www.theroundhouse.org.uk/> www.theroundhouse.org.uk

	Something I was meaning to canvass opinion on, but forgot. If
you navigate through the first of those webpages to where Mr Wallis
actually discourses about the gig, he writes:

"Oh yeah, an airplane ticket is being bought for a gunslinger from
outta town, who`s help on these kinda occasions has always proved
invaluable in the past, but we`ll only bring him on if the joint is sold
out. He don`t need no steeeeenkin` half-assed rooms amigos."

	Now my first thought was that this must be Mick Farren, because
of the Wild West references mainly, but then I realised that that's kind
of Larry Wallis's natural idiom, and besides the full-house condition
sounds unusually prima donna for Mick, who'll happily play to a bookshop
with four people in it. Now as soon as I say prima donna, of course
there springs to mind Twink, but I was under the impression that Larry
was having no more to do with him because he is "the most unstable
madman in the history of the Universe", as he put it in the interview
where I understood this from. So now I'm not sure whom they mean. Twink
might well only come on if the house was full because he is, er,
difficult about profit-sharing or so I am advised, so that sounds
likely, but.

	Hell, I don't even know which to *hope* for :-) Any ideas or
information? Yours,
		    Jon

--
"When fortune wanes, of what assistance are quantities of elephants?"
	    (Juvaini, Afghan Muslim chronicler, c. 1206)
 Jon Jarrett, Fitzwilliam Museum, jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk