Good CD ripper proggie??

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Wed Feb 8 06:22:26 EST 2006

Doing a Hawk compilation for someone (he's near retired, but hey, he
might start buying 'em...).

So I need a proggie to grab individual tracks from CD and then I need to
put 'em all on one CD. In the old days I used to do it all with Easy CD
Creator but that doesn't work any more.

I have Nero, but that just seems to write CDs. It doesn't help grab the
tracks to the hard drive. Itunes does seem to grab tracks as .wav but
with live albums has its own weird ideas about where the tracks start
and finish.

Just copying the tracks from a CD from the drive doesn't work either
since they don't copy over as .wav

So what's the simplest way to do the bit that involves copying tracks to
the hard drive?

Thanks

FoFP