Good CD ripper proggie??

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Wed Feb 8 14:25:10 EST 2006

On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 13:55 -0500, E F wrote:
> Try Cdex, it will Rip tracks or the whole disk.  Saves as WAV or MP3 or
> OOG.
>
> Free too.

All that applies to EAC and dBpowerAMP, too.  Plus, EAC is trusted by
more people in the trading community for high-quality DAE.  (EAC really
is the de facto DAE standard.)

Does Cdex support AccurateRip?  Does it also let you specify the CD
sector sample offset for your drive, so you can get identical DAE
results for a given disc across different drive hardware?

Cheers,

Paul.

PS: Personally, I normally use cdparanoia because I don't run Windows.
e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu

        --- Frank Vincent Zappa