Freeedom of Speech

Jean Lansford oystrgal at BELLSOUTH.NET
Fri Feb 10 13:29:25 EST 2006

> From: M Holmes <fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK>
>> Jean Lansford writes:
>
> > We can't exactly set one speed limit for Roger and another for
> > the average drivers.
>
> Why not? having the same limit for everyone is just some kinda communism.

Safety. If the only person the speeder killed was himself, I'd
say go for it and let Darwin sort it out. But roads are much,
much safer if everyone is travelling together at approximately
the same speed.

Especially since the vast majority of the people who run at
top speed suffer from Dunning-Kruger Syndrome.