HW: life on mars

Jill Strobridge jill.strobridge at BLUEYONDER.CO.UK
Sat Feb 11 06:58:18 EST 2006

Just trying to fit the Hawkwind tracks into the 'Life on Mars' timeframe.
I missed last week's episode but understand that a football match was being
played even though the series appears to be set in mid-summer.   My (hazy!)
recollection is that in 1973 cricket and football seasons didn't overlap to
the extent they do today when football has effectively become a year-round
sport.    However both Urban Guerilla and Ejection were late summer / early
autumn releases so it could have been a very warm September!   And on
reflection this is actually possible - I was just starting work at the
University after doing a train tour round Scotland and can remember some
stunningly beautiful scenery - so the weather must have been pretty good!

 Yrs reminiscently

jill