OFF: Freeedom of Speech

Sat Feb 11 09:33:47 EST 2006

On Fri, Feb 10, 2006 at 04:00:09PM +0000, roger typed out:
> Well I've driven down the M40 at 120+ and the the only safety problems
> are caused by the idiots in front of me driving too slowly and not
> getting out of my way

        Yeah, I mean, how are you supposed to maintain a safe stopping
distance when their poxy little cars won't even do your chosen speed,
eh? Don't they know your reaction time is limited?

> If I wasn't such a good driver I might have been hurt

        Not just you, alas.

        Sorry, that might be a little harsh. But you're making me glad I
don't drive. I suspect this is a joke but I've lost too many friends
in RTAs to find it that funny. Yours,
                                      Jon

ObCD: Hawkwind - _Levitation_ (which would be slightly safer than crossing
the road at least)
--
        Jonathan Jarrett                Birkbeck College, London
                 jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk